Pastor Daniel Cassels, his wife Hannah, children Jack, Allie and dog Sammi are new to the Santa Maria area. Daniel grew up in Washington State and Hannah in Globe, Arizona. Though this seems like worlds apart they met while Daniel was serving at Shadow Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas Nevada. They were married January 06, 2006 and have served God as a family ever since. While attending the The College at Southwestern (a part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) in Fort Worth, Texas they felt a call to go into full time ministry on the west coast. This call brought them to the wonderful church of Life Way Fellowship in Santa Maria California in 2009. They love to serve God by serving people, fellowshiping, and sharing the Good News of Christ.
1. SEEK OUT TEACHABLE MOMENTS
2. YOU'VE GOT BACK-UP
3. PREPARE FOR POWER
4. TRUST BEYOND LIMITS
5. KEEP A TOTAL RECALL
1. Are you making a habit of connecting to God regularly and intimately? Is your time in the Word and in prayer consistent?
2. What are your greatest distractions when reading the Word and praying?
1. Set aside a time to connect to God without distractions. Don’t forget to unplug from those digital devices that constantly grab your attention.
2. Set a regular time of prayer and reading the Bible everyday. Doing a devotional every day is a great start!
1. What new responsibilities is God calling you into? What are you anxious or fearful about right now? Which of God’s 3 promises to Joshua can best help take away that fear?
2. “Encourage” means “to put courage.” Who are the people who put courage in you by reminding you of what God has promised? Are you making time with them?
1. Thank God for new growth and responsibilities. Ask Him for grace to do what He’s called you to do.
2. The next time you feel anxious or fearful about the future, remember that God is with you wherever you go.
Now Joshua is there! In ready to lead God's people. Now God want Jushua to stir them up to do His will by getting them to ...
1. What amazing things do we need God to do for us (saving our family members, opening doors to share with our friends, opening our campus to the gospel, etc.)? Pray now and ask God to do amazing things among you.
2. What are the things that are not from God that you need to get rid of? What are the things that are from God that you must get more involved in?
1. Go to a quiet place and ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and mind to show you things that are not from Him. Remember that Jesus won the victory over sin on the Cross and decide to break away from these things.
2. Find other people who also believe for miracles from God and pray together for amazing things that God will do.
1. What limitations affect your life right now? What does the Bible say about how God is beyond your limitations?
2. Are you aware that God always acts according to His will, which can be known by reading His Word? Are you confident to ask God to make this true in your life?
1. Take a step of faith into a new area, maybe sharing your faith with someone else, obeying God in giving something, or volunteering for a new ministry assignment. Let God build your faith up as you see Him come through for you.
2. What would you do if you were absolutely sure God would do the amazing things He promised in His Word? Go do those things and watch God do His part.
1. What is the importance of remembering what God has done in the past? How does this prepare you to face the present and the future?
2. When are the times that you have forgotten God and what He has done for you? Is it during times of success and blessing, hardship and difficulty, or both? Why is that?
How does Jesus’ victory on the cross give you assurance about the future?