Pastor Daniel Cassels, his wife Hannah, children Jack, Allie and dog Sammi are new to the Santa Maria area. Daniel grew up in Washington State and Hannah in Globe, Arizona. Though this seems like worlds apart they met while Daniel was serving at Shadow Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas Nevada. They were married January 06, 2006 and have served God as a family ever since. While attending the The College at Southwestern (a part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) in Fort Worth, Texas they felt a call to go into full time ministry on the west coast. This call brought them to the wonderful church of Life Way Fellowship in Santa Maria California in 2009. They love to serve God by serving people, fellowshiping, and sharing the Good News of Christ.
DEFINED THROUGH THE FIRE
The Fire Within & the Body Throughout
October 5, 2014
1. PRAISE GOD IN THE ________________
"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied to the king, "Nebuchadnezzar, we don’t need to give you an answer to this question. If the God we serve exists, then He can rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire, and He can rescue us from the power of you, the king. But even if He does not rescue us, we want you as king to know that we will not serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:18 (HCSB)
"Don’t fear those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul; rather, fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28 (HCSB)
"Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58 (HCSB)
1. What kind of pressure to give in to the world are you currently feeling? What is the most common way that this hits you?
2. How does your relationship with God help you deal with the pressures around you?
1. List the most common pressures that affect you the most. Prayerfully ask God to give you the grace to overcome these pressures.
2. Make sure you have someone you can talk to about the pressures that you are most affected with. Take time to pray with that person whenever you feel pressured, especially during times when you are tempted to give in.
2. RESCUE MAY COME IN THE ____________ OF THE FIRE
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar jumped up in alarm. He said to his advisers, ‘Didn’t we throw three men, bound, into the fire? ‘ ‘Yes, of course, Your Majesty,’ they replied to the king. He exclaimed, ‘Look! I see four men, not tied, walking around in the fire unharmed; and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.’" Daniel 3:24-25 (HCSB)
1. Are there moments in your life when you doubt that God is with you? How does this Word help address those doubts?
2. What difficult situation are you in right now? How does your perspective change knowing that God is with you and nothing can be against you?
1. Read Romans 8:31-35. Remind yourself that nothing can separate you from Jesus’ powerful love.
2. Face your next difficult situation with confidence knowing that God is with you and will not abandon you. Remember this even in the middle of the problem.
3. EVEN THE __________________ MAY NOT TURN PEOPLE TO GOD
"Nebuchadnezzar exclaimed, ‘Praise to the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! He sent His angel and rescued His servants who trusted in Him. They violated the king’s command and risked their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. Therefore I issue a decree that anyone of any people, nation, or language who says anything offensive against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego will be torn limb from limb and his house made a garbage dump. For there is no other god who is able to deliver like this.’ Then the king rewarded Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the province of Babylon." Daniel 3:28-30 (HCSB)
1. Is there someone that you believe you just need to convince?
2. Have you doubted because others have not followed?
1. Knowing that God has called you to be obedient to Him and not convince others is half the battle. Look for one area in your life where you were frustrated with the results and look at how you can praise God in it.