Pastor Daniel Cassels, his wife Hannah, children Jack, Allie and dog Sammi are new to the Santa Maria area. Daniel grew up in Washington State and Hannah in Globe, Arizona. Though this seems like worlds apart they met while Daniel was serving at Shadow Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas Nevada. They were married January 06, 2006 and have served God as a family ever since. While attending the The College at Southwestern (a part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) in Fort Worth, Texas they felt a call to go into full time ministry on the west coast. This call brought them to the wonderful church of Life Way Fellowship in Santa Maria California in 2009. They love to serve God by serving people, fellowshiping, and sharing the Good News of Christ.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO LEARN THE HARD WAY
The Fire Within & the Body Throughout
October 19, 2014
“The Israelites again did what was evil in the Lord’s sight…” Judges 13:1
1. THERE’S A ____________ IN BOUNDARIES
“Now please be careful not to drink wine or beer, or to eat anything unclean; for indeed, you will conceive and give birth to a son. You must never cut his hair, because the boy will be a Nazirite to God from birth, and he will begin to save Israel from the power of the Philistines.’” Judges 13:4-5 (HCSB)
“‘And she must not eat anything unclean. Your wife must do everything I have commanded her.’” Judges 13:14 (HCSB)
(Psalms 16:1-6, Jeremiah 1:5, Hebrews 12:11)
1. Do you believe that God has formed you with a purpose? How would your everyday activities change if you believe every day that God has a significant plan for your life?
2. What are some boundaries that God has placed in your life? How do you respond to them?
1. Thank God for the purpose He has given you.
2. Thank God for the boundaries He has placed in your life. It may be time to even restore some of those boundaries you have broken or crossed in the past.
2. YOU’RE ______________ BY THE SPIRIT
“…Suddenly a young lion came roaring at him, the Spirit of the Lord took control of him, and he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he did not tell his father or mother what he had done.” Judges 14:5-6 (HCSB) (Acts1:8, 2 Timothy 1:7)
1. Which of these three manifestations of the Holy Spirit—power, love, and sound mind—do you need the most right now?
2. Did you ever feel that God could use other people but not you? How will this change knowing that God gives His Holy Spirit generously to all people?
1. Ask for the Holy Spirit to give you power, love, and sound mind to get through today. Make it a daily habit of always asking God for His Spirit to empower you.
2. Share your faith boldly with someone this week. Do not be afraid of the result; leave it up to God!
3. __________________ ALWAYS HAS A PRICE
“Then he went and spoke to the woman, because Samson wanted her. After some time, when he returned to get her, he left the road to see the lion’s carcass, and there was a swarm of bees with honey in the carcass. He scooped some honey into his hands and ate it as he went along. When he returned to his father and mother, he gave some to them and they ate it. But he did not tell them that he had scooped the honey from the lion’s carcass.”Judges 14:7-9 (HCSB) (Romans 6:1-7, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, 2 Timothy 2:22)
1. Are you currently playing around with “little sins” that do not seem to be a big deal? Do you see now how they lead to death?
2. How did Jesus’ death on the cross set you free from those particular sins? How does that help you walk in victory over them?
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you areas in your life where you might be allowing sin to take root. Share this with someone to help you and pray with you.
2. Put to death any sinful habit that might be taking root by changing your lifestyle, confessing to another person, or even getting rid of things that lead you to sin. Ask God to give you the grace to walk in victory over sin.
4. CONSTANT _____________ ALWAYS LEADS TO SPIRITUAL ____________
“Then she cried, “Samson, the Philistines are here! ” When he awoke from his sleep, he said, “I will escape as I did before and shake myself free.” But he did not know that the Lord had left him.” Judges 16:20 (HCSB)
(Romans 6:23, James 1:14-15)
1. Are there sins that you are willfully, consistently participating in, even against the advice and correction of friends and spiritual family? Are you willing to turn away from them to receive the best that God has for you?
2. Are you under condemnation for sins and errors you have made in the past? Have you received God’s forgiveness through Jesus’ death on the cross?
1. Repentance is a regular part of the Christian life. As we encounter God’s truth, this leads us to turn away from sins that the truth exposes. Turn away now from any sin that God has shown you.
2. Faith is another regular part of the Christian life. By repenting, we acknowledge our error and receive the covering for it through what Jesus did on the cross. Have faith today, knowing your sins are forgiven and God has given you new life.