Pastor Daniel Cassels, his wife Hannah, children Jack, Allie and dog Sammi are new to the Santa Maria area. Daniel grew up in Washington State and Hannah in Globe, Arizona. Though this seems like worlds apart they met while Daniel was serving at Shadow Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas Nevada. They were married January 06, 2006 and have served God as a family ever since. While attending the The College at Southwestern (a part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) in Fort Worth, Texas they felt a call to go into full time ministry on the west coast. This call brought them to the wonderful church of Life Way Fellowship in Santa Maria California in 2009. They love to serve God by serving people, fellowshiping, and sharing the Good News of Christ.
The Fire Within & the Body Throughout
November 9, 2014
1. BRINGING PEOPLE TO JESUS IS WORTH ________________
Even with these words they scarcely restrained the people from offering sacrifice to them. But Jews came from Antioch and Iconium, and having persuaded the crowds, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing that he was dead. But when the disciples gathered about him, he rose up and entered the city, and on the next day he went on with Barnabas to Derbe. (Acts14:18-20 ESV)
(Romans10:12-15 ESV)(1 Corinthians9:22-27 ESV)
1. What challenges are you facing now in discipling other people? What makes it difficult? Are you willing to be inconvenienced in order to bring some people to Jesus?
2. How valuable are the lost for you? Do you have the same heart as Jesus has for the lost?
1. From whom will you get the strength to overcome your hesitations in reaching out to the lost? Who are the friends who can help you overcome these? Take time to pray with someone about your hesitations and believe that you can overcome them by God’s grace.
2. What are some sacrifices you can make to your own personal convenience and comfort that could help bring others to Jesus? Come up with a specific action plan you can do this week.
2. _____________________ CHANGE, YOUR CALL DOESN’T
But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:28-30 ESV)
(Philippians4:4-9 ESV) (1 Peter 3:15 HCSB) (1 Peter4:12-16 ESV)
1. Are you anxious, worried, or fearful about anything right now? How can you apply what Philippians 4 says?
2. How do you usually respond to difficult situations? Will the people who observe you during these times know that you have a God who gives me grace?
1. Are you going through a difficult season now? Choose to praise and worship God knowing that He is in control and your breakthrough is about to come.
2. Encourage someone you know this week who is going through a difficult season.
3. WILLINGNESS OPENS UP __________________________
And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God. But when some became stubborn and continued in unbelief, speaking evil of the Way before the congregation, he withdrew from them and took the disciples with him, reasoning daily in the hall of Tyrannus. This continued for two years, so that all the residents of Asia heard the word of the Lord, both Jews and Greeks. (Acts19:8-10 ESV)
(Acts2:42-47 ESV) (Acts13:49 ESV)
1. Are you actively engaging the culture and community of your city in order to make disciples?
2. What are some of the oppositions you face in your city?
1. Pray for your city today. Pray for future leaders to be discipled there. And for the impact they will make in your society now and in the future.
2. Pray for the issues and challenges that can be found in your city. Pray for God to move and change the culture in your community.
4. FEARLESS FAITH COMES THROUGH __________________________
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. (2 Timothy4:6-8 ESV)
(Romans8:18 ESV) (Romans8:33-39 ESV) (Romans 5:3-5 HCSB)
1. Why was Paul so unafraid of the pressures around him? How can we be like him, trusting God and being so unafraid?
2. Do you still have a fear of death? Are you secure that nothing can separate you from the love of God? What would you do differently without that fear?
1. Thank God for the salvation that is in Christ Jesus. Ask Him for the grace to live without fear. Remember that nothing can separate you from His love.
2. Live your life everyday knowing that you serve a holy God who has given you a holy life and a holy calling to make disciples.